Who we are
At Deed, we are shaping the future of social good through a combination of tech, design, and culture. Our products help people and companies create positive change by making it easy, fun, and exciting to give back.
Deed’s award-winning social volunteering app is currently being used by tens of thousands of volunteers, helping over 1,000 nonprofit organizations fulfill their mission. Our enterprise platform enables brands to manage, track, analyze, and quantify the social impact of their employees, as well as their participating consumers. We are leading the path-to-purpose with trailblazers like Adidas, Stripe, and Airbnb. And that roster is growing, so we are looking for people with big hearts, and big brains, to join our passionate crew.
If you are someone who cares about social good (and technology solutions that scale social good), can work effectively in small teams, and are a self-starter who wants an opportunity to shape and have a meaningful impact at an early-stage startup, we invite you to apply for one of the positions below. Let’s do some good every day, together!
About the role
Deed is looking to add a Full-Stack Engineer to our growing team. You’ll be part of a small but fast-moving team responsible for creating and delivering software from conception to deployment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
- Build clean, performant APIs to power data visualizations
- Implement compelling, usable UIs; contribute to their design, and engineer them with React and Redux
- Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- 3+ years of experience architecting & building solutions using web technology
- Interface with Product Managers to determine key requirements
- Work with Engineering, QA, Ops teams to identify and resolve code challenges
- Design and develop full-stack application business logic using ReactJS, React Native, Node.js, Go, & related technologies
- Development and design experience using ReactJS + React Native and Node.js (TypeScript experience preferred)
- Experience implementing REST APIs / GraphQL and CI/CD Process (continuous integration and continuous deployment), using CircleCI, AWS.
- Experience with databases (preferably NoSQL, e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with server architecture, cloud, microservices-based architecture, Git, and agile development methods
- Help us change the world 💪
- Challenge: an international and fast-growing company that develops with you
- Flexible working hours and working arrangements
- Cool office in Kreuzberg
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Deed's success
- Opportunities for international travel (Brooklyn, Portland, San Francisco)